HBA '85 Reunion Blog

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

HBA Reunion - Background music

Hi, all:

I did some investigation into getting some background music. I was originally thinking a quartet or something through a Hamilton jazz band I was informed of. They get younger musicians involved, but the organizer said that they aren't ready by October 1 since the just start things rolling each fall, often with a new batch of members. He did offer a duo (sax and piano) which is good for cocktail parties, etc., which includes himself. I've asked for a demo CD or something we could download to listen to him, but in any event, I'm sure it would be appropriate. Here's a recent article on him and his Hamilton All Stars Jazz Band from the Hamilton Spectator:

http://hamiltonallstarjazz.org/spec_031904.php

His duo charges $300 (including travel to and from London), presumably plus GST.

This is just my first inquiry, so if anyone else has contact in the music biz that might be appropriate, that would be good.

Any thoughts??

- Bruce
(905) 317-5844

2 Comments:

  • At February 08, 2005 9:54 AM, Blogger Jennifer said…

    I think we discussed this briefly at our meeting... did someone volunteer to contact the music department at UWO? I'm sure there is lots of local talent -- we should't need to import musicians from afar.

     
  • At February 13, 2005 8:28 PM, Blogger Bruce Lamb said…

    I put an email over to the UWO music school to see if there was a web site or something that would be a good place to find student quartets, etc. and I haven't seen a reply yet. I see if I can find something on the Internet.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home